People are becoming more and more prone to diseases and health problems at present times due to unhealthy eating habits. As such it is high time that people start making healthy food choices to avoid severe health problems leading to life-threatening diseases and ultimately premature death. In other worlds, only by consuming healthy foods rich in nutrients and vitamins you can maintain your health and keep away diseases. Here are top 3 healthy food choices that you must opt for to lead a disease-fee happy and healthy life:
Spinach is loaded with nutrients and is considered as an extremely healthy food. Due to its amazing properties it is considered as an anti-cancer food. It is rich in crisp and dark green leaves and one of the most favorite food items of chefs throughout the world.
- Spinach is very low in calories and fats. As such it is recommended in cholesterol control and weight reduction programs.
- 100gms of spinach contain rich amount of iron which is highly beneficial in generating red blood cells for cellular metabolism.
- Spinach also contain rich amount of Vitamin C and as such it acts as anti infection agent and scavenge harmful oxygen- free radicals.
Broccoli: Broccoli belongs to the cabbage family. It is a cool season crop which needs well drained soil to flourish. Broccoli is rich in nutrients and good for health and eye sights. As such it is recommended by physicians to include broccoli in your daily diet plan.
- Broccoli being very low in calories, give 34 gm of calories in 100gms. Moreover, they are rich in fibre and vitamins too.
- Apart from fiber it also contains rich amounts of anti-oxidant and vitamin –A. Vitamin-A is considered to be very beneficial for eye sights.
- Also, broccoli is rich in minerals like calcium, iron and zinc.
Peas: Peas are one of the most favorite and oldest crops cultivated throughout the world. It is considered to be highly delicious food item and in included in most of the salads and side dishes in North America and Europe. Raw peas can also be consumed as they taste sweet and crispy. They come with lots of benefits for body as well as brain.
- Fresh pea pods are rich in folic acid. Thus, they help in preventing neutral tubes defects in new born babies.
- Peas being rich is iron is extremely useful for brain as it improves blood circulation thus which increasing your metabolism rate.
- Legumes are good source of proteins and fibers and thus can prevent health issues.
These healthy foods being extremely beneficial for your body will not only keep you fit and active but will also increase your immunity and metabolic rate. So make these top 3 healthy food choices to keep your health fit and active.
Three good supplements to try: